Whether you are buying a new pedestal fan or looking forward to understanding the science behind airflow produced by the fan blades, learning about the basic fundamentals plays a crucial role. Everything matters, from the rotation of the blade in a minute to the size. The fan blade size is usually measured in diameter and then airflow is calculated based on the rotation count.
|#1 Usha Mist Air Icy Pedestal Fan
||#2 AmazonBasics Pedestal Fan
|| #3 iBELL CHROME Pedestal Fan
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
If you have an old fan and you want to learn about the airflow by checking its size, you might feel confused that how to measure the exact diameter. Even, there are plenty of questions fogging into the mind about accuracy. To take a precise guess, you can head over the product’s description detail. But, what if you want to do it manually on your own? Well, here is a complete method.
For Even Fan Blades – 2, 4, 6, and so on
When there are fan blades in the even count, measuring the diameter seems like an easy choice. Most pedestal fans have two or four blades, which can make it easier for anyone. To know about the fan size –
- Start by removing the protective net. It is usually easy to unlock by unscrewing the screws.
- After that, get a measuring tape and check the length from tip to tip. You should do it from one end to the farthest tip.
- After that, you have the readings of pedestal fan blade size.
However, this method won’t work when you are doing the same with a pedestal fan, which has an odd number of blades.
For Odd Fan Blades – 3, 5, 7 and so on
If your pedestal fan has three or five blades, then it might be difficult to rely on the previous method. So, there is an easy method that will work for both, odd and even.
- After removing the protective net from the pedestal fan, you can measure the length from one tip to the centre of the fan.
- Make sure that you get the accurate reading by checking it twice. Once you have the readings for the single blade, you can multiply it by two.
- Wollah! Now you have the exact diameter of the fan blade.
In situations when you are buying a new pedestal fan, then learning about the height from the ground, fan blade size, its shape and RPM will help you get the exact detail of what to expect from your new purchase.
- Pedestal Fan Vs. Tower Fan: Which Is best?
- Pedestal Fans Advantages and Disadvantages
- How to Assemble a Pedestal Fan?
- How Does a Pedestal Fan Work?
- Usha Pentacool Pedestal Fan
- iBELL CLASSY P16 Pedestal Fan
- Usha Mist Air Icy 400mm Pedestal Fan
- USHA Colossus Pedestal Fan
- Crompton High-Speed Torpedo Pedestal Fan
- Crompton High Flo Pedestal Fan
- V-Guard Gatimaan Pro Pedestal Fan